UPDATED: 04/06/2016 — see Change Log
OWNER: CF Industries Nitrogen LLC (CF Industries Holdings Inc)
PROJECT: Nitrogen fertilizer complex, Brownfield ammonia-urea-UAN plant
COST (reported): None given
JOB CREATION (reported): 450 permanent — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 1966
COST (reported): $2.2+ billion, originally $2.1 billion
JOB CREATION (reported): 93 permanent, 2,500+ peak construction — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 2016 ammonia and UAN, 2015 urea
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 CF Industries 2015 10-K. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
See an example page, or get more information about membership.
Annual Membership ($199) →
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: Highway 3089, Donaldsonville, LA 70346, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- EPA Emissions data: Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Large Facilities: CF INDUSTRIES NITROGEN, LLC – DONALDSONVILLE NITROGEN COMPLEX [LINK]
- Risk Management Plan: Right to Know Network: CF Industries Donaldsonville Nitrogen Complex [LINK]
- LDEQ permit documents: search AI # 2416 [LINK] (for archive documents, search AI #s 2398, 2245, or 122533)
- US Securities and Exchange Commission filings: EDGAR Search Results, CF Industries Holdings, Inc. CIK#: 0001324404 [LINK]
- 03/30/2016: CF Industries press release: CF Industries Announces Start-Up of New UAN Plant at Donaldsonville Nitrogen Complex [LINK]
- 03/04/2016: Argus Insight: CF to step up UAN, urea exports with expansions [LINK]
- 03/03/2016: CRU Insight: Will Latin American demand save UAN from itself? [LINK]
- 02/17/2016: CF Industries press release: CF Industries Holdings, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter Net Earnings [LINK]
- 12/16/2015: CF Industries press release: CF Industries Announces Start-Up of New Urea Plant at Donaldsonville Nitrogen Complex [LINK]
- 11/04/2015: CF Industries press release: CF Industries Holdings, Inc. Reports Third Quarter Net Earnings [LINK]
- 02/17/2015: CF Industries press release: CF Industries Holdings, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter Net Earnings [LINK]
- 07/16/2013: CF Industries press release: CF Industries Receives Louisiana and Iowa Air Permits [PDF]
- 11/09/2012: Stamicarbon press release: Stamicarbon has been Awarded Licensing Contracts for Two New Urea Plants for CFI, USA [LINK]
- 11/05/2012: ThyssenKrupp Uhde press release: ThyssenKrupp Uhde Wins Mega Contract for Fertiliser Plants in USA [LINK]
- 11/01/2012: CF Industries press release: CF Industries Announces Capacity Expansions [PDF]
- 03/10/2010: CF Industries press release: CF Industries and Terra Industries Agree to Combine, Creating a Global Industry Leader [PDF]