UPDATED: 11/22/2016 — see Change Log
OWNER: PCS Nitrogen LP (Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan / PotashCorp)
PROJECT: Nitrogen plant
COST (reported): none given
JOB CREATION (reported): 138 permanent — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 1964
|Ammonia||785,000 mtpy||800,000 mtpy||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Company website.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 1460 Columbia Nitrogen Road, Augusta, GA 30901, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- EPA Emissions data: Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Large Facilities: PCS NITROGEN FERTILIZER, L.P. [LINK]
- Risk Management Plan: Right to Know Network: PCS Nitrogen Fertilizer, L.P. Augusta Georgia [LINK]
- Air Permits (Title V): Georgia Air Permit Search Engine (search AIRS #24500002) [LINK]
- Air Permit data (Title V applications): Georgia Electronic Title V Permit Applications [LINK]
- US Securities and Exchange Commission regulatory filings: EDGAR Search Results, POTASH CORP OF SASKATCHEWAN INC CIK#: 0000855931 [LINK]
- 11/07/2016: PotashCorp press release: Agrium and PotashCorp Provide Update on Approvals for Proposed Merger of Equals [LINK]
- 09/12/2016: Agrium / PotashCorp merger presentation: Creation of a World-Class Integrated Global Supplier of Crop Inputs [PDF]
- 09/12/2016: PotashCorp press release: Agrium and PotashCorp to Combine in Merger of Equals to Create a World-Class Integrated Global Supplier of Crop Inputs [LINK]
- 2015: PotashCorp Facility Sheet: Augusta [PDF]
- 06/07/2002: Augusta Chronicle local news story: Constant change – Foresight helps plant succeed [LINK]
- 03/06/1997: PotashCorp press release: Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc. Completes Arcadian Acquisition and Restructures Internally [LINK]