UPDATED: 12/29/2016 — see Change Log
OWNER: Koch Fertilizer Beatrice LLC (Koch Industries Inc)
PROJECT: Ammonia-UAN plant, expansion
COST (reported): [none given]
JOB CREATION: 86 permanent — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 1964, expanded 2016
|Ammonia||265,000 mtpy||[none given]||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Koch has not published capacity information.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 21178 SW 89th Road, Beatrice, NE 68310, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- EPA Emissions data: Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Large Facilities: Koch Fertilizer Beatrice [LINK]
- Risk Management Plan: Right to Know Network: Koch Fertilizer Beatrice [LINK]
- Permit Documents: Nebraska DEQ content management portal (search DEQ Facility Number 23383) [LINK]
- UNDATED: Koch Industries, fact sheet: Beatrice, NE [LINK]
- 07/31/2015: CKLQ: Koch Proceeding With Expansion Of It’s Brandon Plant [LINK]
- 06/10/2015: Beatrice Daily Sun, local news article: Work to begin next month on Koch plant [LINK]
- 12/05/2013: Koch Industries press release: Koch Fertilizer Announces New Holding Company and Leadership Changes [LINK]
- 05/14/2012: Koch Industries press release: Koch Fertilizer to Develop Projects for Production Increase [LINK]
- 03/28/2003: Associated Press news story: Koch buys Farmland fertilizer assets [LINK]