UPDATED: 02/03/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: ProjectN / FNA (Farmers of North America)
PROJECT: Greenfield nitrogen fertilizer plant
COST (reported): $2.2 billion
JOB CREATION (reported): 170 permanent, 1,900 construction
START-UP DATE (reported): 2018
|Ammonia||2,400 mtpy||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 News reports, November 2013. Sources linked below.
 No air permit yet.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: near Belle Plaine, Saskatchewan, Canada
- 02/02/2017: The Western Producer: Genesis pushes forward with fertilizer super centre at Belle Plaine, Sask. [LINK]
- 01/31/2017: The Leader-Post: Fertilizer supercentre to be built at Belle Plaine [LINK]
- 01/21/2016: The Western Producer: Fertilizer project gets the nod [LINK]
- 02/26/2015: Genesis Grain and Fertilizer press release: Genesis Grain and Fertilizer releases new offering [LINK]
- 12/08/2014: FNA press release: Farmers of North America expands in the United States [LINK]
- 11/06/2014: FNA press release: Farmers want majority ownership of CWB [LINK]
- 06/18/2014: FNA press release: FNA Fertilizer Limited Partnership Announces Plant Site Location [LINK]
- 01/10/2014: The Western Producer news story: Fertilizer makers add capacity [LINK]
- 12/19/2013: The Western Producer news story: FNA seeks American investors [LINK]
- 11/26/2013: Lacombe Globe local news story: Farmers cooperative seeks investors in fertilizer plant [LINK]
- 11/14/2013: The Western Producer news story: FNA gets into nitrogen business [LINK]
- 02/28/2013: ProjectN press release: MNP to assist in the design of ProjectN fertilizer sales and distribution [LINK]
- 01/31/2013: ProjectN press release: Stantec engaged to proceed with ProjectN Bankable Feasibility Study [LINK]
- 12/18/2012: ProjectN press release: Farmers show impressive support for fertilizer plant [LINK]
- 10/19/2012: ProjectN press release: FNA Fertilizer Limited Partnership extends public meetings [LINK]
- 10/02/2012: ProjectN press release: FNA Fertilizer Limited Partnership retains BMO Capital Markets [LINK]
- 09/26/2012: ProjectN press release: FNA Announces Limited Partnership moving on fertilizer plant [LINK]