UPDATED: 04/19/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: Agrium Inc
PROJECT: Ammonia-Urea Plant, expansion & urea brownfield
COST (reported): [none given]
JOB CREATION (reported): 72 permanent — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 1968
COST (reported): $720 million
JOB CREATION (reported): [none given] — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 2017
|Ammonia||490,000 mtpy||490,000 mtpy existing
||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Agrium Fact Book 2015 [PDF].
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 9021 Farm Road 1551, Borger, TX 79007, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- EPA Emissions data: Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Large Facilities: Agrium Borger [LINK]
- Risk Management Plan: Right to Know Network: Agrium US Inc, Borger Nitrogen Operations [LINK]
- Permit Documents: TCEQ Document Search (search for Agrium Borger) [LINK] / Operating Permit, revised 10/2014 [PDF]
- US Securities and Exchange Commission regulatory filings: EDGAR Search Results, AGRIUM INC CIK#: 0000943003 [LINK]
- 04/18/2017: Agrium press release: Agrium Successfully Completes Commissioning of New Urea Facility [LINK]
- 02/10/2017: Seeking Alpha earnings call transcript: Agrium Q4 2016 [LINK]
- 01/10/2017: Agrium press release: Agrium Successfully Completes Construction of Borger Expansion [LINK]
- 09/12/2016: Agrium / PotashCorp merger presentation: Creation of a World-Class Integrated Global Supplier of Crop Inputs [PDF]
- 09/12/2016: Agrium press release: Agrium and PotashCorp to Combine in Merger of Equals to Create a World-Class Integrated Global Supplier of Crop Inputs [LINK]
- 08/04/2016: Seeking Alpha earnings call transcript: Agrium Q2 2016 [LINK]
- 08/06/2015: Seeking Alpha earnings call transcript: Agrium Q2 2015 [LINK]
- 08/05/2015: Agrium press release: Agrium Reports Strong Results Despite Challenging Market Conditions [LINK]
- June 2015: Agrium Brochure: Borger [PDF]
- 05/21/2015: Agrium Investor Presentation, May Roadshow Presentation [PDF]
- 05/06/2015: Seeking Alpha earnings call transcript: Agrium Q1 2015 [LINK]
- UNDATED: KBR project profile: Agrium’s Lone Star Project [PDF]
- 04/04/2014: Borger News Herald, local news article: Borger to receive temporary water safety net from Amarillo [LINK]
- 03/12/2014: KBR press release: KBR Awarded Two Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Contracts for Agrium’s Nitrogen Operations Facility [LINK]
- 02/25/2014: Agrium press release: Agrium’s Board Approves Nitrogen Debottleneck Expansion [LINK]
- 01/22/2014: Seeking Alpha transcript: Agrium’s CEO Presents at CIBC’s 17th Annual Whistler Institutional Investor Conference [LINK]
- Nov 2013: Agrium: Investor Presentation, November 2013 [PDF]
- 06/03/2013: Agrium press release: Agrium Continues Assessment of Nitrogen Expansions [deleted from Agrium’s press release archive], online at AgProfessional.com [LINK]
- 01/10/2013: Borger News Herald article: BEDC plans to invest in potential Agrium project [LINK]
- UNDATED: Cominco American Incoporated, Camex Operations: A History [LINK]