UPDATED: 10/16/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: Koch Fertilizer Canada ULC (Koch Industries Inc)
PROJECT: Nitrogen fertilizer plant
COST (reported): [none given]
JOB CREATION: 210 permanent — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 1967, expanded 2016
|Ammonia||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Koch does not publish capacity information.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 17 Street East, Brandon, Manitoba, R7A 7C9, Canada
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- Permit Documents: Manitoba Public Registry, Environmental Approvals (search “Koch”) [LINK]
- UNDATED: Economic Development Brandon: Koch Industries, fact sheet [PDF]
- UNDATED: Koch Industries, fact sheet: Brandon, MB [PDF]
- 12/19/2013: Koch Industries press release: Koch Fertilizer Canada to Increase Ammonia Production [LINK]
- 12/05/2013: Koch Industries press release: Koch Fertilizer Announces New Holding Company and Leadership Changes [LINK]
- 05/14/2012: Koch Industries press release: Koch Fertilizer to Develop Projects for Production Increase [LINK]
- 09/06/2006: Koch Industries press release: KOCH NITROGEN SUBSIDIARY COMPLETES CANADA ACQUISITION [PDF]
- 08/24/2006: The Western Producer, news story: Simplot sells fertilizer plant [LINK]
- 08/14/2006: Koch Industries press release: KOCH NITROGEN SUBSIDIARY TO BUY SIMPLOT CANADA LIMITED [PDF]