UPDATED: 02/01/2018 — see Change Log
OWNER: Nutrien, formerly Agrium
PROJECT: Ammonia-urea plant
COST (reported): None given
JOB CREATION (reported): 165 permanent — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 1977
|Ammonia||523,475 mtpy||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Nutrien Fact Book 2018. Sources linked below.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: Township Road 221, Carseland, Alberta, T0J 0V0, Canada
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- Alberta Environmental Authorization: permit document search [LINK / PDF]
- US Securities and Exchange Commission regulatory filings: EDGAR Search Results, Agrium Inc., CIK#: 0000943003 [LINK]
- 01/02/2018: Nutrien press release: Agrium and PotashCorp Merger Completed Forming Nutrien, a Leader in Global Agriculture [LINK]
- 01/2018: Nutrien Fact Book 2018 [PDF]
- 09/12/2016: Agrium / PotashCorp merger presentation: Creation of a World-Class Integrated Global Supplier of Crop Inputs [PDF]
- 09/12/2016: Agrium press release: Agrium and PotashCorp to Combine in Merger of Equals to Create a World-Class Integrated Global Supplier of Crop Inputs [LINK]
- 2015: Agrium Fact Book 2014-2015 [PDF]
- June 2015: Agrium Brochure: Carseland [PDF]