UPDATED: 03/10/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: Cherokee Nitrogen LLC (LSB Industries Inc)
PROJECT: Nitrogen production complex
COST (reported): None given
JOB CREATION (reported): 133 permanent — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 1961
|Ammonia||159,000 mtpy||182,000 stpy||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 LSB investor presentations, May / November 2016. UAN capacity limited by raw material capacity. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 1080 Industrial Drive, Cherokee, Alabama, 35616, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- EPA Emissions data: Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Large Facilities: CHEROKEE NITROGEN [LINK]
- Risk Management Plan: Right to Know Network: Cherokee Nitrogen LLC [LINK]
- Operating Permit (Title V): Alabama DEM permit documents, search ID #7381 [LINK]
- US Securities and Exchange Commission regulatory filings: EDGAR Search Results, LSB Industries Inc CIK#: 0000060714 [LINK]
- 11/2016: LSB Industries investor presentation: November 2016 [PDF]
- 10/05/2016: LSB Industries press release: LSB Industries, Inc. Provides Operational Update on Its Chemical Manufacturing Facilities, Revises Product Sales Volume Outlook for 2016 [LINK]
- 07/01/2016: LSB Industries press release: LSB Industries, Inc. Announces Closing of Sale of Climate Control Business to NIBE Industrier AB [LINK]
- 05/12/2016: LSB Industries press release: LSB Industries, Inc. to Sell Climate Control Business to NIBE Industrier AB [LINK]
- 05/05/2016: Seeking Alpha earnings call transcript: LSB Industries Q1 2016 Results [LINK]
- 05/04/2016: LSB Industries press release: LSB Industries, Inc. Reports Operating Results for the 2016 First Quarter [LINK]
- 12/30/2015: LSB Industries press release: LSB Industries, Inc. Provides Update on the Status of Its Cherokee, Alabama and Pryor, Oklahoma Facilities [LINK]
- 12/17/2015: LSB Industries press release: LSB Industries, Inc. Provides Operational Update on Its Cherokee, Alabama and Pryor, Oklahoma Facilities [LINK]
- 12/15/2014: LSB Industries press release: LSB Industries, Inc. Reports Downtime at Cherokee Plant [LINK]
- 11/14/2012: LSB Industries press release: LSB Industries, Inc. Reports That Its Chemical Business – Cherokee, Alabama Facility Suffered Damage from Pipe Rupture and Will Limit Production until Repaired [LINK]
- 06/20/1986: The Times Daily: Candidates Allege Conflict of Interest [LINK]
- 02/22/1964: The Florence Times: Armour Rewriting Cherokee History with Big Success Story [LINK]
- 04/25/1961: The Florence Times: Ground Breaking Marks Start of Construction Armour Cherokee Plant [LINK]