UPDATED: 07/23/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: Dyno Nobel (Incitec Pivot Limited)
PROJECT: Nitrogen production complex
COST (reported): None given
JOB CREATION (reported): 169 permanent — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 1965
|Ammonia||178,000 mtpy||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Company does not publish capacity data.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 8305 Otto Road, Cheyenne, WY, 82001, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- EPA Emissions data: Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Large Facilities: Cheyenne Plant [LINK]
- Risk Management Plan: Right to Know Network: Dyno Nobel, Inc. – Cheyenne Plant [LINK]
- Operating Permit (Title V): Wyoming DEQ Air Quality Division, Title V Operating Permit Program [LINK] / Dyno Nobel Inc. Title V Permit, 2017 [PDF]
- 07/07/2017: Incitec Pivot investor presentation: Company Overview [PDF]
- 11/18/2016: Incitec Pivot: Annual Report 2016 [PDF]
- 11/07/2016: Yahoo Finance: Incitec Pivot 2016 earnings call transcript [LINK]
- 2016: Agrium Fact Book 2015-2016 [PDF]
- 04/17/2013: Incitec Pivot investor presentation: Louisiana Ammonia Plant [PDF]
- 04/24/2008: Koch Nitrogen press release: Koch Nitrogen enters into an agreement with Dyno Nobel to produce UAN [LINK]
- 04/01/1965: The Sundance Times: Colorado Interstate Gas Company advertisement [LINK]