UPDATED: 03/08/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: Terra International (Canada) Inc (CF Industries Holdings Inc)
PROJECT: Nitrogen production plant
COST (reported): None given
JOB CREATION (reported): 200 permanent — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 1966
|Ammonia||500,000 stpy||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 CF Industries 2016 10-K. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 161 Bickford Line, Courtright, Ontario, N0N 1H0, Canada
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- US Securities and Exchange Commission filings: EDGAR Search Results, CF Industries Holdings, Inc. CIK#: 0001324404 [LINK]
- 12/14/2016: CF Industries press release: CF’s Courtright Nitrogen Complex Marks 50 Years of Operations [LINK]
- 06/18/2015: Blackburn News: CF Industries Announces Expansion [LINK]
- 06/18/2015: CF Industries press release: CF Industries to Increase Production of Urea-Based Products at Courtright Nitrogen Complex in Ontario [LINK]
- 03/10/2010: CF Industries press release: CF Industries and Terra Industries Agree to Combine, Creating a Global Industry Leader [PDF]