UPDATED: 01/01/2016 — see Change Log
OWNER: Green Valley Chemical Corporation
PROJECT: Ammonia plant
COST (reported): None given
JOB CREATION (reported): 33 permanent — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 1966
|Ammonia||32,000 mtpy||100 stpd||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Company website.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 1284 Cherry Street Road, Creston, Iowa, 50801, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- EPA Emissions data: Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Large Facilities: GREEN VALLEY CHEMICAL CORP [LINK]
- Risk Management Plan: Right to Know Network: Green Valley Chemical Corp [LINK]
- Operating Permit (Title V): Iowa DNR Operating Permits [LINK] / Green Valley Chemical Corporation Operating Permit, 2015 [PDF]
- 01/08/2015: Des Moines Register: Manager says 1 dead following explosion at Iowa plant [LINK]