UPDATED: 04/30/2018 — see Change Log
OWNER: East Dubuque Nitrogen Fertilizers, LLC (CVR Partners LP / CVR Energy Inc)
PROJECT: Nitrogen fertilizer plant
COST (reported): $70 million, for 2006 acquisition by Rentech
JOB CREATION (reported): 151 permanent — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 1965
COST (reported): $80 million plus $20 million storage
JOB CREATION (reported): None given
START-UP DATE (reported): 2014
|Ammonia||337,000 mtpy||1,075 stpd||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Company 2016 Q3 earnings announcement. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
See an example page, or get more information about membership.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 16675 Highway 20 West, East Dubuque, Illinois, 61025, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- EPA Emissions data: Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Large Facilities: RENTECH NITROGEN LLC [LINK]
- Risk Management Plan: Right to Know Network: Rentech Nitrogen, LLC [LINK]
- US SEC regulatory filings: EDGAR Search Results, CVR PARTNERS, LP CIK#: 0001425292 [LINK]
- US SEC regulatory filings: EDGAR Search Results, Rentech Nitrogen Partners, L.P. CIK#: 0001525998 [LINK]
- 04/26/2018: Seeking Alpha: CVR Partners Q1 2018 Earnings Call Transcript [LINK]
- 04/26/2018: CVR Partners press release: CVR Partners Reports 2018 First Quarter Results [PDF]
- 10/27/2016: CVR Partners press release: CVR Partners Reports 2016 Third Quarter Results [LINK]
- 04/01/2016: CVR Partners press release: CVR Partners Completes Acquisition of Rentech Nitrogen Partners, L.P. [PDF]
- 04/01/2016: Rentech Inc press release: Rentech, Inc. Retires Senior Obligations, Improves Liquidity, and Directs Focus on its Wood Fibre Assets Following Closing of Rentech Nitrogen-CVR Partners Transaction [PDF]
- 08/10/2015: Rentech press release: CVR Partners, LP to Combine with Rentech Nitrogen Partners, L.P. To Create a North American Nitrogen Fertilizer Leader [LINK]
- 02/17/2015: Rentech press release: Rentech Nitrogen Partners, L.P. Exploring Strategic Alternatives [LINK]
- 01/23/2014: Rentech press release: Rentech Nitrogen Partners, L.P. Completes Compressor-Related Repairs at East Dubuque Facility [LINK]
- 12/17/2013: Rentech press release: Update on East Dubuque Facility [LINK]
- 04/18/2013: Rentech press release: Rentech Nitrogen Expects Recent Financing to Enable Increase in Cash Distributions Beginning in 2014; Proceeds Will Be Used to Fund All Announced Projects [LINK]
- 01/15/2013: Rentech press release: Rentech Nitrogen Announces Completion of Project to Increase Urea Capacity [LINK]
- 08/02/2012: Rentech press release: Rentech Nitrogen Announces Completion of DEF Phase of Urea/DEF Expansion Project [LINK]
- 02/29/2012: Rentech press release: Rentech Nitrogen Secures $100 Million Capital Expenditures Facility and Upsizes Working Capital Facility to $35 Million; Terminates Bridge Loan with Rentech [LINK]
- 01/04/2012: Rentech press release: Rentech Nitrogen’s Ammonia Capacity and Storage Expansions Continue Moving Forward [LINK]
- 04/26/2006: Agrium press release: Agrium Finalizes $70-Million Sale of East Dubuque Nitrogen Facility to Rentech [LINK]
- 03/09/2006: Agrium press release: Agrium and Rentech Move Forward on Sale of East Dubuque Fertilizer Plant [LINK]
- 02/09/2006: Agrium press release: Agrium Acquires 98.6 Percent of Royster-Clark Units [LINK]
- 07/08/1991: Chicago Tribune: Pair Finds Vigor In Fertilizers [LINK]
Hi my name is Doug Scharpf and I was wondering if you have any job openings as of right now ? If so what would I need to do to fill out a application looking forward to hear from you thank you!
You’ll need to contact Rentech directly for that one – this website isn’t affiliated with them.
Is your plant a Kellogg design such as Koch in beatrice, dodge city, Enid, cf in Sioux City, catoosa, mosaic in Donaldsonville and many other ammonia plants?
We do babbitted bearings and laby seals for most all of the plants compressors and turbines, including your ammonia plant in coffeyville Kansas, both repairs and new manufacture