UPDATED: 03/15/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: EuroChem Louisiana LLC (EuroChem Group)
PROJECT: Greenfield nitrogen fertilizer plant
COST (reported): $1.5 billion
JOB CREATION (reported): 200 permanent, 2,000 construction
START-UP DATE (reported): Not announced
|Ammonia||None given||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 No capacity data yet from company announcements or press reports.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 1651 Highway 18, Edgard, LA 70049, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- Air Permit Documents: LDEQ document search [LINK – search AI# 197717]
- 03/14/2017: Russian Construction: EuroChem to decide on plant construction in USA within two years [LINK]
- 10/28/2015: Eurochem press release: EuroChem Acquires US Fertilizer Distributor [LINK]
- 04/28/2015: Eurochem press release: EuroChem Selects Site for Louisiana Fertilizer Project [LINK]
- 04/28/2015: The Advocate: EuroChem chooses St. John the Baptist site over Iberville Parish for $1.5 billion plant [LINK]
- 04/10/2015: EuroChem press release: Eurochem, Maire Tecnimont and SACE sign memorandum of understanding for the construction of five fertilizer plants [LINK or LINK (Tecnimont) or LINK (SACE)]
- 03/23/2015: The Advocate: EuroChem, Louisiana officials dispute Iberville plant delay or considering Russia [LINK]
- 03/22/2015: Bloomberg: EuroChem Shelves $1.5 Billion U.S. Plant as Sanctions Bite [LINK]
- 02/05/2015: Louisiana Voice: Russian firm spends $12M for state land it doesn’t intend to use; pledged emissions credits that were key to deal vanish [LINK]
- 05/15/2014: LaPolitics.com: From Russia With Controversy: Lawmakers second guess red money keeping budget in black [LINK]
- 01/27/2014: The New Orleans Advocate: EuroChem acquires Iberville plant site [LINK]
- 07/24/2013: John Helmer (independent Moscow correspondent): Andrei Melnichenko goes to the precipice, risking EuroChem for the benefit of the State of Louisiana, and himself [LINK]
- 07/10/2013: Louisiana Economic Development press release: EuroChem Announces Fertilizer Project In Louisiana That Will Result In More Than 1,500 New Jobs [LINK]
- 07/10/2013: Eurochem press release: EuroChem announces fertiliser project in Louisiana [LINK]