UPDATED: 12/10/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: Koch Fertilizer Enid LLC (Koch Industries Inc)
PROJECT: Nitrogen fertilizer plant, ammonia expansion, urea brownfield
COST (reported): [none given]
JOB CREATION: 130 permanent — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 1974
COST (reported): $1.3 billion
JOB CREATION: 120 permanent, 2,800 peak temporary — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 2017
|Ammonia||930,000 mtpy||[none given]||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Koch has not published capacity information.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 1619 South 78th Street, Enid, Oklahoma, 73701, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- EPA Emissions data: Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Large Facilities: Koch Fertilizer Enid [LINK]
- Risk Management Plan: Right to Know Network: Koch Fertilizer Enid [LINK]
- Permit Documents: Oklahoma DEQ Final Issued PSD Permits [LINK / DOC]
- 12/06/2017: Black & Veatch press release: Black & Veatch work on $1.3B Koch Fertilizer plant expansion contributes to water award [LINK]
- 10/15/2017: Enid News: Koch expansion nears completion [LINK]
- 04/12/2017: Tulsa World: $1.3B expansion of Koch fertilizer plant in Enid to be completed in June [LINK]
- 02/25/2017: Enid News: Koch Fertilizer expansion continuing east of Enid [LINK]
- 01/01/2017: Koch News: Shades of gray (water) [PDF]
- 05/10/2016: Enid News: Enid Rotary Club hears Koch Fertilizer update [LINK]
- 12/28/2015: Enid News: Expansion could impact Enid residents’ air quality for the better [LINK]
- 08/23/2015: Enid News: Plant expansion on track [LINK]
- 06/23/2015: Koch Industries press release: Delivering DEF [LINK]
- UNDATED: Koch Industries, fact sheet: Enid, OK [PDF]
- 02/13/2015: Koch Industries press release: Koch Nitrogen Launches Enid Project Website [LINK]
- 02/2015: Koch News: Koch’s largest project: Enid expansion [PDF]
- UNDATED: KBR project profile: Koch Enid Plant Expansion [PDF]
- 09/30/2014: Black and Veatch press release: Black & Veatch to Provide Engineering Services for $1.3 Billion Fertilizer Plant Expansion [LINK]
- 10/09/2014: Enid News, local news story: Koch Industries: ‘Single largest project’ [LINK]
- 10/06/2014: Enid News, local news story: A crush of workers is coming [LINK]
- 09/02/2014: KBR press release: KBR Awarded EPC Services Contract for Koch Nitrogen Urea Expansion [LINK]
- 08/06/2014: Koch Industries press release: Koch Nitrogen to Begin Construction on $1.3 Billion Expansion Project [LINK]
- 12/05/2013: Koch Industries press release: Koch Fertilizer Announces New Holding Company and Leadership Changes [LINK]
- 06/10/2013: Stamicarbon press release: Koch Nitrogen Selects Stamicarbon’s Urea Technology for its Expansion in Enid, Oklahoma [LINK]
- 05/15/2013: Koch Industries press release: Koch Nitrogen to Build New Urea Plant and Increase Production in Enid Oklahoma [LINK]
- 05/14/2012: Koch Industries press release: Koch Fertilizer to Develop Projects for Production Increase [LINK]
- 05/14/2012: Koch Industries press release: Koch Investing, Adding Jobs at Enid Plant, Around Fertilizer Business [LINK]
- 03/28/2003: Associated Press news story: Koch buys Farmland fertilizer assets [LINK]