UPDATED: 10/16/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: Koch Fertilizer Fort Dodge LLC (Koch Industries Inc)
PROJECT: Ammonia-UAN plant
COST (reported): [none given]
JOB CREATION: 70 permanent — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 1967
|Ammonia||350,000 mtpy||[none given]||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Koch does not publish capacity information.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 3162 200th Street, Duncombe, Iowa 50532, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- EPA Emissions data: Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Large Facilities: Koch Fertilizer Ft. Dodge [LINK]
- Risk Management Plan: Right to Know Network: Koch Fertilizer Fort Dodge [LINK]
- Operating Permit (Title V): Iowa DNR, Draft & Final Operating Permits [LINK] / [PDF]
- Construction Permitting: Iowa DNR: Construction Permit Search by Plant Number [search: 94-01-005] [LINK]
- PSD Permitting: Iowa DNR: Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) Search [search: K for Koch] [LINK]
- UNDATED: Koch Industries fact sheet: Fort Dodge, Iowa [PDF]
- 12/05/2013: Koch Industries press release: Koch Fertilizer Announces New Holding Company and Leadership Changes [LINK]
- 02/13/2013: US EPA press release: Koch Nitrogen Company to Pay $380,000 Civil Penalty for Clean Air Act Violations at Facilities in Iowa and Kansas [LINK]
- 10/30/2012: Koch Industries press release: Koch Nitrogen Adding Control Center at Ft. Dodge Plant [LINK]
- 05/14/2012: Koch Industries press release: Koch Fertilizer to Develop Projects for Production Increase [LINK]
- 03/28/2003: Associated Press news story: Koch buys Farmland fertilizer assets [LINK]