UPDATED: 03/19/2018 — see Change Log
OWNER: Nutrien, formerly PotashCorp
PROJECT: Nitrogen plant, restart, expansion and urea brownfield
COST (reported): $260 million
JOB CREATION (reported): 33 permanent (+210 existing site-wide)— see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 2013
COST (reported): None given
JOB CREATION (reported): None given — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 2018 urea brownfield
|Ammonia||450,000 mtpy||500,000 mtpy||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Nutrien Fact Book 2018. Sources linked below.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 10886 Louisiana 75, Geismar, Louisiana, 70734, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- EPA Emissions data: Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Large Facilities: PCS NITROGEN FERTILIZER LP – GEISMAR AGRICULTURAL NITROGEN & PHOSPHATE PLANT [LINK]
- Risk Management Plan: Right to Know Network: PCS Nitrogen Fertilizer, L.P. [LINK]
- Air Permit documents: Louisiana DEQ (search AI #3732) [LINK]
- US Securities and Exchange Commission regulatory filings: EDGAR Search Results, POTASH CORP OF SASKATCHEWAN INC CIK#: 0000855931 [LINK]
- 01/02/2018: Nutrien press release: Agrium and PotashCorp Merger Completed Forming Nutrien, a Leader in Global Agriculture [LINK]
- 01/2018: Nutrien Fact Book 2018 [PDF]
- 09/12/2016: Agrium / PotashCorp merger presentation: Creation of a World-Class Integrated Global Supplier of Crop Inputs [PDF]
- 09/12/2016: PotashCorp press release: Agrium and PotashCorp to Combine in Merger of Equals to Create a World-Class Integrated Global Supplier of Crop Inputs [LINK]
- 04/28/2016: PotashCorp press release: Q1: PotashCorp Reports First-Quarter Earnings of $0.09 per Share [LINK]
- 04/12/2016: Standard and Poor’s update: Negative Rating Actions On Four Global Fertilizer Companies Follow Weakening Of Market Conditions [LINK]
- 12/01/2015: PotashCorp presentation: Sell-side Analyst Meeting Presentation [PDF]
- 2015: PotashCorp Facility Sheet: Geismar [PDF]
- 04/15/2013: PotashCorp news: Back in the Ammonia Business at Geismar [LINK]
- 02/01/2011: PotashCorp press release: PotashCorp to Restart Geismar Plant [LINK]
- 03/06/1997: PotashCorp press release: Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc. Completes Arcadian Acquisition and Restructures Internally [LINK]