UPDATED: 11/28/2018 — see Change Log
OWNER: Fortigen Geneva LLC (Tetrad Corporation)
PROJECT: Greenfield ammonia plant
COST (reported): $75 million
JOB CREATION (reported): 22 permanent, 150 construction — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 2017
|Ammonia||None given||100 stpd||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Press reports. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
See an example page, or get more information about membership.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 2240 R Street, Geneva, NE 68361, United States
WEBSITE: No website yet at http://fortigen.net/
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- Construction Permitting: Nebraska DEQ permit documents (search DEQ Facility Number 107214) [LINK]
- 09/25/2017: Sandhills Express: Fortigen Geneva Plant to Bring Around 100 Jobs to the Community [LINK]
- 07/18/2017: Nebraska Signal: Safe work at Fortigen plant celebrated; Westling outlines progress schedule [LINK]
- 06/13/2017: Nebraska Signal: Fortigen set to make ammonia on July 25th [LINK]
- 03/29/2017: Hastings Tribune: Ammonia plant nears completion in Geneva [LINK]
- 09/14/2016: Matrix Service Company press release: Fortigen Geneva, LLC Awards Matrix Service EPFC of 20,000 Ton Ammonia Tank [LINK]
- 03/15/2016: Nebraska Signal: Fortigen fertilizer plant huge addition to Geneva [LINK]
- 03/13/2016: Hastings Tribune: $75 million plant a ‘very big bump’ for Geneva [LINK]
- 03/11/2016: US92.com: Groundbreaking Ceremony Held In Geneva For Future Anhydrous Ammonia Manufacturing Plant [LINK]
- 03/11/2016: Lincoln Journal Star: Company to break ground on Geneva fertilizer plant [LINK]
- 12/31/2015: Lincoln Journal Star: $75 million fertilizer plant planned in Geneva [LINK]
Welcome to Geneva, we are pleased you chose us as your new location”
Who is the main contractor out there for scaffolding
Gorham Group is the EPC contractor on this project
Where is the Gorham Group located? Contact Information/?
Their main headquarters is in Houston, Texas:
Gorham Group LLC
Where can you apply for this job at the nitrogen plant in Geneva Nebraska?
You can go to the site they have an office trailer and FORTIGEN employees are there who may be able to answer your questions
Where can someone apply?
I don’t think Fortigen has a website, so there’s no obvious place to apply, but I do know they’re hiring for specific positions. For instance, earlier this month they posted a job listing for a HSE Coordinator
Could you mention who is the licensor for the 100 tpd Ammonia plant
Are there clerical/administrative/accounting positions available at the
Is the project delayed, due to an accident with the tank collapse or damaged?
What is the new project completion date?
Gorham as the EPC has not slowed down or been affected due to the Tank damaged, Gorham is not in charge of that portion of the project Gorham still on schedule on the construction and delivery dates with customer on that particular part of the project.
Which technology was used for this plant?
it’s an old technology called NREN technology this micro plants were built in 1970-1980’s Gorham Group owns the knowledge of this technology.
Please contact me regarding a very good ammonia loop i have for sale