UPDATED: 10/03/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: Fortigen Geneva LLC (Tetrad Corporation)
PROJECT: Greenfield ammonia plant
COST (reported): $75 million
JOB CREATION (reported): 22 permanent, 150 construction — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 2017
|Ammonia||None given||100 stpd||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Press reports. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 2240 R Street, Geneva, NE 68361, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- Construction Permitting: Nebraska DEQ permit documents (search DEQ Facility Number 107214) [LINK]
- 09/25/2017: Sandhills Express: Fortigen Geneva Plant to Bring Around 100 Jobs to the Community [LINK]
- 07/18/2017: Nebraska Signal: Safe work at Fortigen plant celebrated; Westling outlines progress schedule [LINK]
- 06/13/2017: Nebraska Signal: Fortigen set to make ammonia on July 25th [LINK]
- 03/29/2017: Hastings Tribune: Ammonia plant nears completion in Geneva [LINK]
- 09/14/2016: Matrix Service Company press release: Fortigen Geneva, LLC Awards Matrix Service EPFC of 20,000 Ton Ammonia Tank [LINK]
- 03/15/2016: Nebraska Signal: Fortigen fertilizer plant huge addition to Geneva [LINK]
- 03/13/2016: Hastings Tribune: $75 million plant a ‘very big bump’ for Geneva [LINK]
- 03/11/2016: US92.com: Groundbreaking Ceremony Held In Geneva For Future Anhydrous Ammonia Manufacturing Plant [LINK]
- 03/11/2016: Lincoln Journal Star: Company to break ground on Geneva fertilizer plant [LINK]
- 12/31/2015: Lincoln Journal Star: $75 million fertilizer plant planned in Geneva [LINK]