UPDATED: 11/05/2015 — see Change Log
OWNER: BioNitrogen (BioNitrogen Holdings Corp)
PROJECT: Greenfield urea plant
COST (reported): Not announced
JOB CREATION (reported): Not announced — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 2014 last announced
|Ammonia||[None given]||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Company does not specify ammonia capacity.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: Hardee County, Florida, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- US Securities and Exchange Commission filings: EDGAR Search Results, Bio Nitrogen Holdings Corp CIK#: 0001015979 [LINK]
- OTC Markets filings: BioNitrogen LLC [LINK]
- 11/04/2015: Wall Street Journal: BioNitrogen Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection [LINK]
- 11/04/2015: BioNitrogen press release: BioNitrogen Holdings Corp. Files for Chapter 11 Protection [LINK]
- 12/13/2013: BioNitrogen press release: BioNitrogen Receives Financing for the Initial Plant Site [LINK]
- 08/27/2013: BioNitrogen press release: BioNitrogen Receives Final Approval on Hardee County Site Development Plan From Hardee County Planning and Zoning Board [LINK]
- 08/15/2013: BioNitrogen press release: BioNitrogen Holdings Corporation Signs Agreement With the Casale Group for Ammonia and Urea Plant Technology [LINK]
- 06/24/2013: BioNitrogen press release: BioNitrogen Corporation Selects CCC Group, Inc. Construction Firm to Build Hardee County Plant [LINK]
- 02/27/2013: BioNitrogen press release: BioNitrogen Corporation Signs Exclusive Agreement With CF Industries for Biomass Supply [LINK]
- 02/19/2013: BioNitrogen press release: BioNitrogen Receives Florida Governor’s Approval to Allocate up to $175 Million in Tax Free Bonds [LINK]
- 01/08/2013: BioNitrogen press release: BioNitrogen Corporation Acquires 600 Acres of Land in Hardee County, Florida [LINK]