UPDATED: 03/10/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: AdvanSix Inc (Honeywell spin-off)
PROJECT: Existing ammonia plant
COST (reported): None given
JOB CREATION (reported): 650 (site-wide) — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 1928
|Ammonia||530,000 mtpy||650,000 stpy||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 AdvanSix 2016 10-K, converted from pounds per year. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. Capacity withheld as confidential in air permits. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 905 East Randolph Road, Hopewell, VA 23860, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- EPA Emissions data: Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Large Facilities: HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL INCORPORATED – HOPEWELL [LINK]
- Risk Management Plan: Right to Know Network: Honeywell Hopewell Plant [LINK]
- Operating Permit (Title V): Virginia DEQ: Honeywell, Hopewell Facility Permit (2014) [PDF] and Statement of Basis [PDF]
- US Securities and Exchange Commission regulatory filings: EDGAR Search Results, HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL INC CIK#: 0000773840 [LINK]
- 03/03/2017: AdvanSix 2016 10-K [LINK]
- 12/08/2016: AdvanSix press release: AdvanSix Reports Temporary Outage at Its Hopewell Facility [LINK]
- 11/10/2016: AdvanSix press release: AdvanSix Announces Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results [PDF]
- 10/31/2016: AdvanSix press release: AdvanSix Provides Operational Update on Its Fourth Quarter 2016 Plant Turnaround [LINK]
- 10/03/2016: AdvanSix press release: AdvanSix Launches As Independent Company, Begins Trading On New York Stock Exchange [LINK]
- 09/07/2016: Honeywell press release: Honeywell Board Of Directors Declares Spin-Off Dividend Of AdvanSix Shares [LINK]
- 05/12/2016: Honeywell press release: Honeywell Announces Plan To Spin Off Resins And Chemicals Business To Shareowners [LINK]
- 04/07/2016: Bloomberg News: Honeywell Said to Consider Sale of Nylon Chemicals Business [LINK]
- 11/26/2014: Richmond Times-Dispatch local news article: Chemical spill apparently caused Hopewell fish kill [LINK]
- 01/10/2005: EPA conference presentation: The Honeywell Project, Going Where No Pipeline Has Gone Before [PDF]
- 06/07/1999: New York Times news article: Allied Signal And Honeywell To Announce Merger Today [LINK]
- 08/12/1965: The Progress-Index Petersburg local news story: Allied Chemical spending $10-$12 million: New Plant a Necessity [LINK paywall]
- Archive: Harvard Business School Library, Lehman Brothers Collection: Allied Chemical Corporation [LINK]
- Archive: Hagley Digital Archives: DuPont Company Magazine, 1913-2003 [LINK]