UPDATED: 03/01/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: Grannus LLC
PROJECT: Greenfield polygeneration plant
COST (reported): not announced
JOB CREATION (reported): not announced
START-UP DATE (reported): 2019
|Ammonia||80,000 mtpy||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 AMEC press release. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required].
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: South Kern Industrial Center, Bakersfield, CA 93311, United States
- 12/06/2016: Grannus press release: Grannus selects Plant Process Equipment as its EPC Partner [LINK]
- 11/15/2016: Grannus press release: Grannus Selects Haldor Topsoe for Technology and Services at California Environmentally Sustainable Ammonia Plant [LINK]
- 11/02/2016: Grannus press release: Grannus Selects Air Liquide Global E&C Solutions for Technology and Services at Environmentally Sustainable Ammonia Plant in California [LINK]
- 10/10/2016: Courthouse News Service: Residents Fight Ammonia Plant Near Bakersfield [LINK]
- 01/19/2016: AMEC press release: Amec Foster Wheeler awarded US ammonia project contract [LINK]
- 04/15/2015: Grannus press release: Grannus Closes $2 Million Series A Financing [LINK]
- 11/12/2013: Cleantech Open press release: Cleantech Open Announces Winners of 2013 National Accelerator [LINK]