UPDATED: 10/16/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: AM Agrigen Industries
PROJECT: Greenfield ammonia-urea plant
COST (reported): $1.2 billion
JOB CREATION (reported): 150 permanent
START-UP DATE (reported): 2018
|Ammonia||None given||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Company announcements and press reports include no capacity data.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
See an example page, or get more information about membership.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: Killona, St Charles Parish, Louisiana, United States
WEBSITE: No content yet at http://amagrigen.com/
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- Air and Water Quality Permit Documents (Title V, PSD, LPDES): LDEQ document search: AM Agrigen Industries LLC [LINK – search AI # 192221]
- Coastal: Louisiana DNR permit documents: AM Agrigen Industries LLC [LINK]
- 02/24/2016: St Charles Herald Guide: St. Charles Parish’s industrial future lies in Killona [LINK]
- 01/02/2016: The Economic Times: Ashwin C Muthiah scripts family business revival with newer ventures [LINK]
- 03/16/2015: Business Standard (India): Ashwin Muthiah’s firm plans $1-bn US plant [LINK]
- 09/22/2014: NOLA.com / The Times-Picayune: AM Agrigen seeks key permits for $1.2 billion plant in St. Charles Parish [LINK]
- 09/19/2014: St. Charles Herald-Guide: Fertilizer company applies for permits for $1.2 billion Killona plant [LINK]
- 05/19/2014: Office of the Governor, State of Louisiana, press release: GOVERNOR JINDAL AND AM AGRIGEN INDUSTRIES CEO MARK VANDEVOORDE ANNOUNCE POTENTIAL $1.2 BILLION INVESTMENT IN LOUISIANA [LINK]