UPDATED: 02/01/2018 — see Change Log
OWNER: Nutrien, formerly PotashCorp
PROJECT: Nitrogen fertilizer plant, expansion
COST (reported): none given
JOB CREATION (reported): 148 permanent — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 1955
COST (reported): $210 million
JOB CREATION (reported): 6 permanent, 1,200 peak construction
START-UP DATE (reported): 2015
|Ammonia||612,000 mtpy||750,000 mtpy||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Nutrien Fact Book 2018. Sources linked below.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 2200 Fort Amanda Road, Lima, OH 45804, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- EPA Emissions data: Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Large Facilities: PCS NITROGEN OHIO LP [LINK]
- Risk Management Plan: Right to Know Network: PCS Nitrogen Ohio L.P. [LINK]
- Air Permit documents: Ohio EPA, Electronic Copies of Issued Permits (search Facility ID # 03-02-02-0370) [LINK]
- Ohio EPA draft permit: Installation / modification to increase urea and ammonia production [PDF]
- US Securities and Exchange Commission regulatory filings: EDGAR Search Results, POTASH CORP OF SASKATCHEWAN INC CIK#: 0000855931 [LINK]
- 01/02/2018: Nutrien press release: Agrium and PotashCorp Merger Completed Forming Nutrien, a Leader in Global Agriculture [LINK]
- 01/2018: Nutrien Fact Book 2018 [PDF]
- 09/12/2016: Agrium / PotashCorp merger presentation: Creation of a World-Class Integrated Global Supplier of Crop Inputs [PDF]
- 09/12/2016: PotashCorp press release: Agrium and PotashCorp to Combine in Merger of Equals to Create a World-Class Integrated Global Supplier of Crop Inputs [LINK]
- 10/29/2015: Seeking Alpha transcript: PotashCorp of Saskatchewan’s (POT) CEO Jochen Tilk on Q3 2015 Results [LINK]
- 08/17/2015: LimaOhio.com: Potash shutting down temporarily to finish improvements in Lima [LINK]
- 2015: PotashCorp Facility Sheet: Lima [PDF]
- 08/14/2014: LimaOhio.com: PotashCorp announces $190 million expansion project [LINK]
- 01/31/2014: Seeking Alpha transcript: Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan’s CEO Discusses Q4 2013 Results [LINK]
- 12/31/2012: PotashCorp Lima expansion project [LINK]