UPDATED: 11/13/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: Pacific Coast Fertilizer (joint venture)
PROJECT: Brownfield ammonia plant
COST (reported): $1 billion
JOB CREATION (reported): 1,000 construction, 100 permanent — no Job Openings yet [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 2021
|Ammonia||1,650 stpd||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Local news reports. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. No air permit documents yet. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
See an example page, or get more information about membership.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: Mint Farm Industrial Park, Longview, WA 98632, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- City of Longview: Pacific Coast Fertilizer SEPA [LINK]
- 11/08/2017: The Daily News: Pacific Coast Fertilizer fights ‘misinformation’ about $1B ammonia plant [LINK]
- 11/07/2017: The Daily News: editorial: Pacific Coast Fertilizer [LINK]
- 10/18/2017: The Daily News: Millennium’s permitting costs rise ahead of shoreline hearing [LINK]
- 10/17/2017: The Daily News: City launches environmental review of $1 billion fertilizer plant [LINK]
- 05/12/2017: The Daily News: City Council OKs land sale for $1 billion fertilizer plant [LINK]
- 05/04/2017: The Daily News: Longview’s Mint Farm chosen for $1 billion fertilizer plant [LINK]
- 09/22/2016: Vancouver Business Journal: Joint venture may bring fertilizer plant to Longview [LINK]
Please contact me about ammonia loop for sale