UPDATED: 12/19/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: CF Industries Holdings Inc (formerly Canadian Fertilizers Limited)
PROJECT: Ammonia-urea plant
COST (reported): None given
JOB CREATION (reported): 200 permanent — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 1976
|Ammonia||1,230,000 stpy||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 CF Industries 2016 10-K. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 1250 52nd Street NW, Medicine Hat, Alberta, T1A 7N1, Canada
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- US Securities and Exchange Commission filings: EDGAR Search Results, CF Industries Holdings, Inc. CIK#: 0001324404 [LINK]
- 12/13/2017: Chat News Today: Charges laid against employer following 2015 workplace death [LINK]
- 12/09/2015: Medicine Hat News: Worker succumbs to injuries; fatality CF Industries plant’s first in exactly 31 years [LINK]
- 04/30/2013: CF Industries press release: CF Industries Holdings, Inc. Completes Acquisition of All Interests In Canadian Fertilizers Limited [LINK]
- 08/02/2012: CF Industries press release: CF Industries Holdings, Inc. Announces Agreement to Acquire Viterra’s Interests in Canadian Fertilizers Limited [LINK]