UPDATED: 03/09/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: Midwest Fertilizer Company LLC (Fatima Group)
PROJECT: Greenfield nitrogen fertilizer complex
COST (reported): $3 billion
JOB CREATION (reported): 200 permanent, 2,500 construction
START-UP DATE (reported): 2020
|Ammonia||2,200 mtpd||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 KBR press release. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: Intersection Old SR 69 and Mackey Ferry Road East, Mt. Vernon, Posey County, IN 47620, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- Air Permit documents: Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM), Air Quality Permit Status Search [LINK / Title V Permit PDF]
- Water Permit documents: IDEM, Water Quality Certification [LINK / PDF]
- EMMA (Electronic Municipal Market Access): Midwest Fertilizer Company LLC municipal bond documents [LINK]
- 03/07/2017: Bloomberg News: Pricey Pakistan Stocks Have Room to Run, Tycoon Habib Says [LINK]
- 02/15/2017: Courier & Press: Midwest Fertilizer plant still going forward, Posey officials say [LINK]
- 11/10/2016: Der Spiegel: Corruption affair at ThyssenKrupp: Manager Wegmann leaves Group [LINK]
- 11/04/2016: Der Spiegel: Corruption affair at ThyssenKrupp: Manager Wegmann admits mistakes [LINK]
- 11/03/2016: Der Spiegel: Fraud accusation against ThyssenKrupp: A Ferrari, a gold bracelet, and $20 million [LINK]
- 08/09/2016: Bloomberg: Land Prices Double in Karachi ‘Exciting’ Financier Habib [LINK]
- 07/29/2016: Midwest Fertilizer press release: Midwest Fertilizer Company Names New President and CEO [LINK]
- 05/25/2016: Mount Vernon Democrat: Fertilizer plant, bypass spark public comment on transparency [LINK]
- 02/18/2016: Evansville Courier: Midwest Fertilizer CEO: ‘Lot to do’ with major plant about 4 years away [LINK]
- 02/18/2016: 44 News: Midwest Fertilizer Gives Update on Posey County Facility [LINK]
- 02/06/2016: The News International (Pakistan): Fatima Fertiliser plans to raise $300mln via bond issue to fund US plant [LINK]
- 02/03/2016: Fort Wayne Business Weekly: Indiana Fertilizer set to sell $1.3 billion of munis in mid-2016 [LINK]
- 01/25/2016: Midwest Fertilizer press release: Midwest Fertilizer Company enters into an EPC agreement to Build Indiana Fertilizer Manufacturing Facility [LINK]
- 01/25/2016: Evansville Courier & Press: Midwest Fertilizer says it has found designer, builder for Posey County plant [LINK]
- 11/13/2015: 14News.com: Midwest Fertilizer Plant groundbreaking expected in Dec [LINK]
- 10/26/2015: The Bond Buyer: Indiana Fertilizer Plant Plans Another Remarketing [LINK]
- 07/15/2015: 14News.com: Construction for new Posey Co. fertilizer plant set to begin this fall [LINK]
- 06/27/2015: 14News.com: Construction expected later this year on Posey Co. fertilizer plant [LINK]
- 04/10/2015: The Express Tribune (Pakistan): Key decisions: ECC approves 23-year tax holiday for Gwadar Port [LINK]
- 04/09/2015: The Express Tribune (Pakistan): Bilateral ties: US concerned over law regulating foreign-funded NGOs [LINK]
- 02/27/2015: 14News.com: Posey Co. fertilizer plant delayed 3-6 months [LINK]
- 02/19/2015: The Express Tribune (Pakistan): Raising finance: Govt gives green light to Arif Habib Group [LINK]
- 01/08/2015: Evansville Courier and Press: Midwest Fertilizer drops its request for state incentives; will aid in road project [LINK]
- 01/08/2015: Midwest Fertilizer Company press release: Midwest Fertilizer Company Announces President and CEO [LINK]
- 07/24/2014: The News International (Pakistan): Fatima signs MoU for $1.6bn US fertiliser plant [LINK]
- 07/22/2014: Maire Tecnimont press release: Memorandum of Understanding signed for a Fertilizer Complex in the United States [LINK]
- 06/13/2014: Evansville Courier and Press: Getting air-quality permit for Posey County plant is ‘big moment’ for Midwest Fertilizer [LINK]
- 06/06/2014: The Nation (Pakistan): Fertiliser company chooses US carrot over stick [LINK]
- 05/22/2014: The Tribune (Pakistan): Breaking barriers: Fatima Fertilizer gets nod for US investment [LINK]
- 04/23/2014: The Tribune (Pakistan): Fatima Fertilizer mops up dollars for investment in US plant [LINK]
- 04/09/2014: The Courier Press: Pence says Indiana will reopen economic incentive discussions with Midwest Fertilizer [LINK]
- 01/22/2014: 14 News.com: Concerns surface over possible Native American mounds on fertilizer site [LINK]
- 12/19/2013: KBR press release: KBR Ammonia Technology Selected for New Fertilizer Facility in Indiana [LINK]
- 12/17/2013: Jacobs Engineering Group press release: Jacobs Awarded Contract by Midwest Fertilizer [LINK]
- 10/10/2013: Courier Press: Fertilizer company searched for months before choosing Posey County [LINK]
- 06/19/2013: Courier Press: Posey County reissuing fertilizer plant bonds [LINK]
- 05/17/2013: Indiana Governor’s Office press release: Governor Pence Withdraws State Incentives for Midwest Fertilizer Company for Posey County Project [LINK]
- 05/17/2013: Indiana Economic Development Corporation letter to Fatima Group [PDF]
- 02/01/2013: Indiana Governor’s Office press release: Governor Pence Suspends State’s Role in Posey County Economic Development Project [LINK]
- 01/15/2013: Indiana Economic Development Corporation letter to Fatima Group [PDF]