UPDATED: 11/05/2015 — see Change Log
OWNER: BioNitrogen (BioNitrogen Holdings Corp)
PROJECT: Greenfield urea plant
COST (reported): Not reported
JOB CREATION (reported): 52 permanent, 250 construction — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 2015 last announced
|Ammonia||[None given]||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Company does not specify ammonia capacity.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: Pointe Coupee, Louisiana, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- US Securities and Exchange Commission filings: EDGAR Search Results, Bio Nitrogen Holdings Corp CIK#: 0001015979 [LINK]
- OTC Markets filings: BioNitrogen LLC [LINK]
- 11/04/2015: Wall Street Journal: BioNitrogen Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection [LINK]
- 11/04/2015: BioNitrogen press release: BioNitrogen Holdings Corp. Files for Chapter 11 Protection [LINK]
- 02/07/2014: BioNitrogen documents: State of Louisiana EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. BJ 2014 – 2 CARRY-FORWARD BOND ALLOCATION 2013 [PDF]
- 10/17/2013: BioNitrogen press release: BioNitrogen Receives Allocation of $300 Million to Issue Tax-Exempt Bonds for Initial BioNitrogen Plant in Pointe Coupee Parish, LA [LINK]
- 08/15/2013: BioNitrogen press release: BioNitrogen Holdings Corporation Signs Agreement With the Casale Group for Ammonia and Urea Plant Technology [LINK]
- 07/08/2013: BioNitrogen press release: BioNitrogen Corporation Signs Agreement to Acquire 245 Acres of Land in Pointe Coupe, Louisiana [LINK]
- 04/18/2013: BioNitrogen press release: Louisiana State Bond Commission Approves $1.25 Billion Tax-Exempt Bonds for Five BioNitrogen Plants in Pointe Coupee Parish [LINK]
- 04/02/2013: BioNitrogen press release: BioNitrogen Corporation Announces Supply Agreement With United Suppliers, Inc. for Plants in Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana [LINK]
- 03/06/2013: The Advocate: Fla. firm slated to receive up to $1.25 billion in bonds [LINK]