UPDATED: 04/01/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: TopChem Pollock LLC (Investimus Foris / ICOR)
PROJECT: Brownfield ammonia plant
COST (reported): $265 million
JOB CREATION (reported): 85 permanent, 560 construction
START-UP DATE (reported): None
|Ammonia||500,000 mtpy||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Louisiana Governor’s Office press release. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 737 Abe Hall Road, Pollock, LA 71467, United States
WEBSITE: [no website yet for TopChem or Investimus Foris]
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- Louisiana DEQ permit documents: (search AI #3133) [LINK]
- 03/31/2017: KALB: Grant Parish plant project suspended [LINK]
- 07/22/2015: Bayou Buzz: Jindal, Investimus Foris announce $265M capital investment, 584 indirect jobs in Grant Parish [LINK]
- 07/22/2015: Louisiana Governor press release: GOVERNOR JINDAL AND INVESTIMUS FORIS CHAIRMAN ARUNAS LAURINAITIS ANNOUNCE $265 MILLION AMMONIA PLANT IN GRANT PARISH [DEAD LINK]