UPDATED: 01/12/2017 — see Change Log
PROJECT: Nitrogen fertilizer plant, urea expansion
COST (reported): None given
JOB CREATION (reported): 500+ permanent — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 1968
|Ammonia||960,000 mtpy||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Agrium Fact Book 2014-2015. Sources linked below.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 16 km East of Gibbons on Highway 643, Redwater, Alberta T0A 2W0, Canada
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- US Securities and Exchange Commission regulatory filings: EDGAR Search Results, Agrium Inc., CIK#: 0000943003 [LINK]
- 11/25/2016: Daily Commercial News: World’s biggest CO2 pipeline set to begin final phase [LINK]
- 09/12/2016: Agrium / PotashCorp merger presentation: Creation of a World-Class Integrated Global Supplier of Crop Inputs [PDF]
- 09/12/2016: Agrium press release: Agrium and PotashCorp to Combine in Merger of Equals to Create a World-Class Integrated Global Supplier of Crop Inputs [LINK]
- 2015: Agrium Fact Book 2014-2015 [PDF]
- June 2015: Agrium Brochure: Redwater [PDF]
- 06/03/2013: Agrium press release: Agrium Continues Assessment of Nitrogen Expansions [
- NO DATE: Agrium Wholesale webpage: Redwater Brownfield Expansion [