UPDATED: 09/06/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: Ohio Valley Resources LLC
PROJECT: Greenfield nitrogen fertilizer plant
COST (reported): $1.2 billion last reported
JOB CREATION (reported): 80 permanent, 1,200 construction — no Job Openings posted yet
START-UP DATE (reported): 2017 last reported
|Ammonia||2,420 stpd||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Company announcements. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 300-400 East County Route 350 North, Rockport, Indiana 47635, United States
WEBSITE: no website yet at http://ohiovalleyresources.com/
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- Permit Documents: IDEM document search (search #35491) [LINK], 2016 permit [PDF], 2015 permit [PDF], 2013 permit [PDF]
- 11/26/2014: Spencer County Journal, local news story: Local economy is bright, LEDC head touts [LINK]
- 02/06/2014: Spencer County Journal, local news story: Ohio Valley Resources eager to break ground [LINK]
- 02/03/2014: DC Broadcasting local news coverage: Ohio Valley Resources Announces Plans for Spencer County Fertilizer Plant [LINK with audio]
- 12/19/2013: Ohio Valley Resources press release (PR Newswire): Ohio Valley Resources Enters into Memorandum of Understanding for Plant Development and Selects SEI for FEED and EPC Execution [LINK]
- 09/26/2013: Ohio Valley Resources press release (PR Newswire): Nitrogen Fertilizer Plant Project Builds Momentum With Receipt of Air Permit and Site Rezoning [LINK]
- UNDATED: KBR project profile: OVR Fertilizer Plant [PDF]
- 12/06/2012: Ohio Valley Resources press release (PR Newswire): Ohio Valley Resources Selects Site for New Fertilizer Facility: Spencer County Will Be Home to Billion-Dollar Plant [LINK]
- 09/26/2012: KBR press release: KBR to Provide License, FEED and EPC Proposal for Ohio Valley Resources LLC [LINK]
- 09/25/2012: Ohio Valley Resources press release (PR Newswire): Air Permit Filed for Billion-Dollar Fertilizer Facility [LINK]