UPDATED: 03/09/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: Terra Nitrogen Company LP (CF Industries Holdings Inc)
PROJECT: Nitrogen fertilizer plant
COST (reported): None given
JOB CREATION (reported): 200 permanent — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 1975
|Ammonia||1,020,000 mtpy||1,210,000 stpy||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 CF Industries 2016 10-K. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
See an example page, or get more information about membership.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 6606 East 540 Road, Claremore, OK 74019, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- EPA Emissions data: Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Large Facilities: Verdigris Plant [LINK]
- Risk Management Plan: Right to Know Network: Terra Nitrogen Limited Partnership, Verdigris Plant [LINK]
- Oklahoma DEQ : Air Quality Permit documents [LINK]
- US Securities and Exchange Commission filings: EDGAR Search Results, TERRA NITROGEN CO L P CIK#: 0000879575 [LINK]
- US Securities and Exchange Commission filings: EDGAR Search Results, CF Industries Holdings, Inc. CIK#: 0001324404 [LINK]
- 04/01/2016: Terra Nitrogen press release: Terra Nitrogen Company, L.P. Announces All Units at Its Verdigris, Oklahoma Manufacturing Complex Are Operating [LINK]
- 05/26/2015: Tulsa World: It’s a family affair at CF Industries’ facility in Verdigris [LINK]
- 04/13/2015: Terra Nitrogen press release: Terra Nitrogen Company Completes Turnaround Project [LINK]
- 04/04/2014: Tulsa World: 5 Questions: Clint Herring of Verdigris Nitrogen Complex [LINK]
- 03/10/2010: CF Industries press release: CF Industries and Terra Industries Agree to Combine, Creating a Global Industry Leader [PDF]