UPDATED: 03/15/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: Dyno Nobel LA Ammonia LLC (Incitec Pivot Limited)
PROJECT: Brownfield ammonia plant
COST (reported): $850 million
JOB CREATION (reported): 65 permanent, 1,200 peak construction — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 2016
|Ammonia||[none given]||800,000 mtpy||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Company announcements. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 10800 River Road, Waggaman, Louisiana 70094, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- Permit Documents: Louisiana DEQ document search (search AI #184235 for Dyno Nobel / AI #1357 for Cornerstone Chemical) [LINK]
- 03/02/2017: Incitec Pivot investor presentation: Company Overview and Update [PDF]
- 10/27/2016: KBR press release: KBR Announces Completion of Landmark Dyno Nobel Ammonia Plant [LINK]
- 10/19/2016: Incitec Pivot press release: Completion of performance testing and handover of Louisiana ammonia plant [LINK]
- 10/07/2016: Louisiana Record: Dyno Noble, Louisiana Ammonia allegedly failed to pay for completed work [LINK]
- 09/29/2016: Louisiana Governor’s Office press release: Gov. Edwards, Incitec Pivot, Dyno Nobel and Cornerstone Chemical Dedicate New Ammonia Production Plant in Jefferson Parish [LINK]
- 08/26/2016: Incitec Pivot presentation: Market Update [PDF]
- 06/15/2016: ICIS: Cornerstone resumes operations at US melamine plant [LINK]
- 05/10/2016: Yahoo Finance: Edited Transcript of IPL.AX earnings conference call [LINK]
- 05/10/2016: Incitec Pivot press release: IPL Profit Report Half Year 2016 [PDF]
- 05/10/2016: Incitec Pivot presentation: IPL 2016 Half Year Results Presentation [PDF]
- 04/08/2015: KBR article: A series of “firsts” highlight KBR’s Landmark Dyno Nobel Ammonia Project [LINK]
- UNDATED: KBR project profile: Dyno Nobel Ammonia Plant (Project IBIS) [PDF]
- Fall 2013: Sulfuric Acid Today, news article: Synergy is the key for Cornerstone Chemical Company [PDF]
- 08/05/2013: Louisiana Economic Development: Incitec Pivot, Dyno Nobel, Cornerstone Chemical Break Ground On $1 Billion Industrial Project In Jefferson Parish [LINK]
- 04/17/2013: Louisiana Economic Development: Incitec Pivot, Dyno Nobel And Cornerstone Chemical Announce More Than $1 Billion Project In Jefferson Parish [LINK]
- 04/17/2013: KBR press release: KBR to Provide Integrated Technology, Engineering, Procurement and Construction Services for World-Scale Grassroots Ammonia Plant [LINK]
- 05/23/2012: Louisiana Economic Development: Dyno Nobel Announces Feasibility Study For $800 Million Project In Jefferson Parish [LINK]