UPDATED: 07/18/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: Philipp Brothers Fertilizer (Phibro LLC / Energy Arbitrage Partners)
PROJECT: Ammonia plant conversion
COST (reported): $450 million
JOB CREATION (reported): 110 permanent, 1,000 construction
START-UP DATE (reported): 2020
|Ammonia||1,500 mtpd||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Press reports. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. No permit data available yet. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 444 West Sandford Avenue, West Terre Haute, IN 47885, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- Permit Documents: IDEM permit search (search source name “SG Solutions”) [LINK]
- County Council Minutes: Vigo County Document Center [LINK]
- US DOE: NETL IGCC PROJECT EXAMPLES, WABASH RIVER COAL GASIFICATION REPOWERING PROJECT [LINK], Wabash River Operations Update 2008 [PDF]
- 08/01/2016: Bloomberg: Phibro Taps Morgan Stanley Commodities Veterans for Top Posts [LINK]
- 06/29/2016: My Wabash Valley: Possible 1,110 Jobs To Valley [LINK]
- 06/29/2016: Tribune-Star: Vigo County Council to vote today on supporting fertilizer plant [LINK]
- 05/17/2016: Bloomberg: Phibro to Refurbish Clean-Coal Plant to Make Cheap Fertilizer [LINK]
- 05/17/2016: Phibro press release: Phibro Group Acquires Coal Gasification Plant To Repurpose It For Fertilizer Production [LINK]
- 04/15/2016: Tribune-Star: Workers mourn Indiana power plant shutdown [LINK]
- 01/26/2016: Bloomberg: Legendary Trading Firm Phibro Gets New Life After Purchase [LINK]
- 01/26/2016: Phibro press release: PHIBRO LLC ACQUIRED BY ENERGY ARBITRAGE PARTNERS [PDF]