UPDATED: 11/14/2017 — see Change Log.
OWNER: Iowa Fertilizer Company (OCI NV / Orascom)
PROJECT: Greenfield nitrogen fertilizer plant
COST (reported): $3.0 billion
JOB CREATION (reported): 200 permanent, 3,500 construction — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 2017
|Ammonia||875,000 mtpy||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 Company presentations. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 180th Street & State Highway 61, Wever, IA 52658, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- PSD Construction permit documents: Iowa DNR, PSD Construction permit search [LINK]
- Stock Exchange listing: Euronext Amsterdam [LINK]
- Legal Proceedings: Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) [LINK, registration required]
- EMMA (Electronic Municipal Market Access): Iowa Fertilizer Company Project municipal bond documents [LINK]
- 04/26/2017: Fort Madison Daily Democrat: Residents can expect to see orange emissions from IFC [LINK]
- 04/20/2017: Fort Madison Daily Democrat: Crowd celebrates IFC’s start of production [LINK]
- 04/19/2017: Des Moines Register: Is Iowa’s new $3B fertilizer plant worth $110M in state subsidies? [LINK]
- 04/19/2017: Office of the Governor of Iowa press release: Branstad, Reynolds celebrate historic Iowa Fertilizer Company opening world-class fertilizer plant in Wever, Iowa [LINK]
- 04/19/2017: Orascom Construction press release: Orascom Construction Announces the Start of Production at Iowa Fertilizer [LINK]
- 04/14/2017: OCI press release: OCI N.V. Terminates Negotiations to Acquire All Publicly Held Common Units of OCI Partners LP [LINK]
- 03/27/2017: Yahoo Finance: OCI NV Q4 2016 earnings call transcript [LINK]
- 02/17/2017: Fort Madison Daily Democrat: IFC tells citizens what to do in an emergency [LINK]
- 02/13/2017: Fort Madison Daily Democrat: IFC to hold informational meeting Thursday night [LINK]
- 12/28/2016: IFCo press release: Iowa Fertilizer Company Reaches Major Milestone [LINK]
- 12/27/2016: Fort Madison Daily Democrat: Fertilizer plant 98% done with start-up activities this week [LINK]
- 12/06/2016: OCI press release: OCI N.V. MAKES OFFER TO ACQUIRE ALL PUBLICLY HELD COMMON UNITS OF OCIP [LINK]
- 12/06/2016: OCI Partners press release: OCI Partners LP Receives Buyout Offer from OCI N.V. [LINK]
- 11/21/2016: OCI press release: OCI N.V. Trading Update [PDF]
- 11/21/2016: The Bond Buyer: Iowa Fertilizer Project Seeks Tender Amid Delays, IRS Review [LINK]
- 09/06/2016: OCI press release: OCI N.V. H1 2016 RESULTS [LINK]
- 06/01/2016: Daily Gate City: IFC plant firing up boilers [LINK]
- 05/17/2016: KHQA: Iowa Fertilizer Plant employing workers as production looms [LINK]
- 05/17/2016: KBUR: Fertilizer Plant Officials Cut Ribbon On New Road, Discuss Plant Status [LINK]
- 05/02/2016: The Des Moines Register: Orascom: ‘Defective’ work delayed Iowa fertilizer plant [LINK]
- 04/29/2016: OCI press release: Full Year 2015 Results Report [LINK]
- 04/27/2016: The National: Dubai-listed Orascom Construction in $334m Q1 loss [LINK]
- 02/23/2016: Fort Madison Daily Democrat: COMPANY SUES FERTILIZER PLANT [LINK]
- 02/22/2016: The Des Moines Register: Lawsuit: Payment stopped on Iowa Fertilizer Co. project [LINK]
- 02/19/2016: Daily Gate City: IFC responds to candidate’s comments [PDF]
- 02/04/2016: IFCo press release: IOWA FERTILIZER COMPANY ANNOUNCES APPOINTMENT OF LARRY HOLLEY AS PRESIDENT [LINK]
- 02/2016: CF Industries presentation: Investor Presentation Spring 2016 [PDF]
- 12/21/2015: CF Industries presentation: CF/OCI Combination Update [PDF]
- 11/12/2015: OCI press release: Q3 2015 TRADING UPDATE [LINK]
- 08/06/2015: OCI presentation: OCI-CF merger [PDF]
- 08/06/2015: OCI press release: OCI N.V. AND CF INDUSTRIES TO CREATE GLOBAL NITROGEN LEADER [LINK]
- June 2015: OCI presentation: June 2015 [PDF]
- 06/19/2015: The Globe Gazette: Fertilizer plant receives $25 million more in state incentives [LINK]
- 05/04/2015: The Des Moines Register: Construction unions seek state help to get Iowa fertilizer plant jobs back [LINK]
- 12/15/2014: Daily Gate City: Fertilizer plant needs $100M more [LINK]
- 12/10/2014: Bloomberg: Iowa Fertilizer Bonds Drop as Junk Deal Needs Extra $100 Million [LINK]
- 11/14/2014: OCI NV press release: Q3 2014 Trading Update [LINK]
- 09/2014: OCI NV Corporate Presentation, September 2014 [PDF]
- 04/29/2014: OCI NV 2013 Results Presentation [PDF]
- 09/30/2013: Federal Register notice: ANR Pipeline Company; Notice of Request Under Blanket Authorization [LINK]
- ONGOING: TriStates Public Radio: local news about Iowa Fertilizer Company [LINK]
- 05/01/2013: Orascom press release: Iowa Fertilizer Company LLC Issues $1.2 Billion of Bonds in the US Tax-Exempt Market [PDF]
- 11/19/2012: Orascom press release: Orascom Construction Industries Announces the Start of Construction Work on Iowa Fertilizer Company [PDF]
- 10/11/2012: ThyssenKrupp press release: ThyssenKrupp plans to engineer one of the world’s largest liquid fertilizer plants [LINK]
- 09/10/2012: KBR press release: KBR to Provide Purifier Technology Package for First World-Scale Ammonia Plant in United States in Nearly 25 Years [LINK]
- 09/06/2012: Maire Tecnimont press release: Maire Tecnimont Lands in the United States with a double award [LINK]
- 09/05/2012: Orascom press release: OCI Fertilizer Group Selects Iowa for its New US$ 1.4 Billion Greenfield Nitrogen Fertilizer Plant in the United States [LINK]