UPDATED: 03/10/2017 — see Change Log
OWNER: CF Industries Nitrogen LLC (CF Industries Holdings Inc)
PROJECT: Nitrogen production plant
COST (reported): None given
JOB CREATION (reported): 285 permanent — see Job Openings [LINK]
START-UP DATE (reported): 1951
|Ammonia||508,000 mtpy||570,000 stpy||[Membership required]||[Membership required]|
|Units: stpd, stpy, mtpd, mtpy = short/metric tons per day/year.
 United States Geological Survey (USGS) Mineral Yearbook, Nitrogen gives capacity in metric tons per year, calculated as “engineering design capacity adjusted for 340 days per year of effective production capability,” rounded to three significant digits. Source: most recent year, Table 4: Domestic Producers of Ammonia, http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/nitrogen/.
 CF Industries 2016 10-K. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. Sources: linked below.
 [Membership required]. See Methodology.
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 4612 Highway 49 East, Yazoo City, MS 39194, United States
- USGS: Minerals Yearbook, Nitrogen [RECENT / ARCHIVE]
- EPA Emissions data: Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Large Facilities: CF Industries Nitrogen, LLC – Yazoo City Facility [LINK]
- Risk Management Plan: Right to Know Network: CF Industries Nitrogen, LLC [LINK]
- Mississippi DEQ permit documents: CF Industries Nitrogen LLC [LINK], 2014 Title V Permit Modification [PDF]
- US Securities and Exchange Commission filings: EDGAR Search Results, CF Industries Holdings, Inc. CIK#: 0001324404 [LINK]
- 11/05/2015: Seeking Alpha transcript: CF Industries Holdings (CF) W. Anthony Will on Q3 2015 Results [LINK]
- 02/13/2014: CF Industries press release: CF Industries Enters Into Long-Term Ammonium Nitrate Supply Agreements With Orica International and Nelson Brothers, LLC [PDF]
- 03/10/2010: CF Industries press release: CF Industries and Terra Industries Agree to Combine, Creating a Global Industry Leader [PDF]