Tuscola, IL — Cronus Chemical
UPDATED: 11/19/2014 — see Change Log
OWNER: Cronus Fertilizers (Cronus Chemicals LLC)
PROJECT: Greenfield urea plant
COST (reported): $1.4 billion
JOB CREATION (reported): 175 permanent, 1,500 to 2,000 construction
START-UP DATE (reported): 2017
||800,000 metric tons per year
|* Adjusted Capacity is in metric tons assuming 365 days per year (see Methodology).
Find more information by browsing the sources below, or see it here and now by becoming a member.
Members have instant access to additional information, including project status, likelihood of completion, feedstock and end products, and research notes.
30-Day Membership ($75) → Annual Membership ($150) →
Thank you for supporting the ongoing maintenance of this site.
View larger map with all ammonia plants.
ADDRESS: 785 East Highway 36, Tuscola, Illinois, 61953
- 10/29/2014: Illinois Governor’s Office press release: Governor Quinn Announces Cronus Has Chosen Illinois for New $1.4 Billion Fertilizer Plant [LINK]
- 10/23/2014: The News-Gazette local news article: Tuscola optimistic about $1.2 billion plant [LINK]
- 09/05/2014: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Cronus Chemicals LLC Construction Permit [PDF]
- 05/12/2014: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, draft Construction Permit [LINK / PDF]
- 02/05/2014: Mitchell County Press News, local news story: Company says fertilizer plant still on track [LINK]
- 01/29/2014: The News-Gazette, local news story: Proposed wastewater sale up for discussion again [LINK]
- 01/28/2014: Urbana & Champaign Sanitary District meeting documents: Draft Contract with Cronus Chemicals, LLC [LINK document archive / PDF]
- 10/14/2013: Sioux City Journal news article: Iowa, Illinois may not be alone in competing for fertilizer plant [LINK]
- 07/26/2013: East Central Illinois Economic Development District news article: Lawmakers hope incentives will lure fertilizer plant [LINK]
- 04/08/2013: Farm Futures news article: $1.2 Billion Fertilizer Plant May be Sited in Midwest [LINK]